What’s not to love about a donut? Since having to give up refined sugar, this is one thing i’ve really missed. So when I found Gather & Feast’s recipe for spelt donuts with low GI sugar alternative; coconut sugar, I had to give them a go! I’m not a vegan, so I tweaked the recipe slightly, but its super easy and quick! Here’s what I did….
1 1/2 cup spelt flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cashew Caramello (Peanut butter mixed with coconut oil would also work)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add in the eggs and the almond milk and whisk thoroughly
- Grease a donut tray with some coconut oil (butter would work too)
- Half fill the tray with the donut mixture
- Bake for 10 mins
- Top as you please & enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From Gather & Feast