This lemon & blueberry frittata has been my saviour during this summer shred! Lazy sunday brunch is my highlight of the week but the post bread bloat ain’t pretty… A low carb breakfast that is high in protein and flavour, this is a quick and easy indulgent brunch.
2 egg whites
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp raw honey
For the Topping:
1) Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk the egg whites until they firm up.
2) Whisk the egg yolks and mix in the yoghurt , honey, lemon juice & lemon zest.
3) Whisk the egg whites into the yolks, keeping the whites fluffy & not deflating them!
4) Pour the mixture into the pan for 2 minutes until the bottom is set. Add blueberries to the top.
5) Place in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes until golden.
6) Sprinkle with desired toppings. Serve & enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Gourmade in the Kitchen